disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor or a practicing nutritionist or in the agriculture industry, therefore any health-related or agriculture-related information posted on this blog should be verified on your own. I do not know it all and sometimes I might be wrong.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Widgets

Medical checkup: Micronutrient test

I have been thinking (for a long time) about doing a nutritional deficiency test to check on my vitamin and mineral levels with my 360 degree change of diet since last year to see how if I am doing bad, great, or just ok. I'm going for a test tomorrow. I wish I had knew there was a test for this before changing my diet entirely that way I could take a "before" test and compare a year or so later. It's hard to tell if there are major changes to my body before 2013 and now. I have noticed differences here and there but since there is no way to tell what foods I should eat more of or less of or eliminate completely, I figure tests like these could give me an idea. If I go vegan or vegetarian, I would redo this test as well and compare the differences.

The test I plan to take is called Micronutrient testing. For more information, click here. This type of test is different because it measures your body’s ability to absorb 32 vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other essential nutrients into your white blood cells. Lymphocytes (white blood cells) have a 4-to-6-month lifespan and the nutrient levels accumulated in these cells represent a history of an individual’s nutrient status. Lymphocytes provide a history rather than a snapshot of nutrient intake. This is done by using mitogen to undergo cell division and grow in cultureThe degree of growth that the lymphocytes can maintain is directly related to the nutrients they have available.

It's ridiculous that the medical insurance companies cover very minimal tests 100% without meeting the deductible, like pap smear, mammograms (at a certain age), and Cholesterol Testing and the Lipid Panel. These quick checks are NOT enough. 
Why not a heavy metal test?
Why not a digestion test?
Why not a metabolism test?
Why not the micronutrient test?
Why not a detox test?

http://www.inherenthealth.com/our-tests/nutritional-needs.aspx
http://www.omnipotenthealth.com/deficiency-test-basic.php
http://www.walkinlab.com/vitamin-and-nutrition-tests.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your feedback! Please feel free to leave a link to your blog as you post comments. Nice to know someone is reading this :)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.