disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor or a practicing nutritionist or in the agriculture industry, therefore any health-related or agriculture-related information posted on this blog should be verified on your own. I do not know it all and sometimes I might be wrong.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Widgets

Homemade Hot Chocolate Drink

Let me start off by saying, if you like chocolate milk or hot cocoa, this is a MUST-try!!!!

I was never a chocolate fan but I'm slowly becoming one (as long as there is no bitterness). This drink is creamy, rich, delicious, fresh, and just sooooooooooooo good!!!! It taste similar to Colombian cocoa but even BETTER! I have ALWAYS hated that useless instant cocoa mix (whether Hershey's, Nesquik, Yoo-hoo, or whoever). It's very distasteful! I had no idea I could make this drink from scratch. It's simple and quick. I think it took 5 to 10 minutes.

My ingredients are: raw cow's milk (from Pure Milk Farms), ceylon cinnamon, turbinado sugar, Lindt 90% dark chocolate. Click here for the original recipe I used (look for "Chocolate Mexicana").

Yoo-hoo's chocolate beverage:
water, high fructose corn syrup, whey (from milk) and less than 2% of: cocoa (alkali process), nonfat dry milk, natural and artificial flavors, sodium caseinate (from milk), corn syrup solids, calcium phosphate, dipotassium phosphate, palm oil, guar gum, xanthan gum, mono and diglycerides, salt, spice, soy lecithin, niacinamide (vitamin B3), sucralose, vitamin A palmitate, riboflavin (vitamin B2), vitamin D3.

Nestle's instant cocoa mix:
sugar, corn syrup solids, vegetable oil (partially hydrogenated coconut or palm kernel and hydrogenated soybean), dairy product solids, cocoa processed with alkali, and less than 2% of cellulose gum, nonfat milk, salt, sodium caseinate, sodium citrate, dipotassium phosphate, sodium aluminosilicate, mono- and diglycerides, guar gum, artificial flavors. 

My drink consists of just 4 ingredients whereas food manufacturers use 20+ ingredients.

7 comments:

  1. This looks delicious and interesting! I would never have thought to put cinnamon in my hot chocolate, even though I love cinnamon. I love making a hot chocolate to have in the evening when I'm tucked up in bed reading a book :) have to try this!

    ♥.•*¨ AmandaSays ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I didn't think cinnamon would go with chocolate. But the recipe called for it. Most cinnamon sold in the stores is cassia cinnamon, which has more pungent taste than ceylon cinnamon so I'm not sure I felt the cinnamon taste. It tasted more chocolatey and creamy.

      Delete
  2. Really Nice Inspirations

    FOLLOW my Blog!!! Maybe we can follow each other!!!
    http://rimanerenellamemoria.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG thank you so much for sharing us this recipe! I'm a huge fan of chocolate drinks, especially milk chocolate so this made me salivate omg. I usually drink hot chocolates that are in a pack because it's easier but now I just ran out. I want to try this recipe out. I hope it would also taste great. xx

    Roxanne ♥ | Awkward Turtle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you, I don't quite like the taste of instant hot chocolates!
    This looks like a yummy recipe that I should try, thanks for sharing :)

    Neeny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your feedback! Please feel free to leave a link to your blog as you post comments. Nice to know someone is reading this :)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.