I attended only day 3 of the convention (Sunday) because I had scheduled engagements on the other days before the discovery of this convention. If not, I would be there all 3 days. I went in thinking it would be a bunch of teens and their mom or dad. Well....turns out, it was that and more. There were males here and there but the female-to-male ratio is huge. Some brought their babies. Some came with their significant other. I think I saw ages 4 months to folks in their 50s. The lady to the right of me has got to be in her late 30s or early/mid-40s and she was infatuated with Ian Somerhalder (Damon). The majority of fans obviously love him the most. His photo ops sold out. The one with him and Paul Wesley (Stefan) sold out. I was told that he has conversations with the fans, might get touchy, and that he is "super sweet." He had the longest lines, the loudest screams, and tons of "I love you"s (as if they really do).
The other activities available for Sunday were: individual autographs with the stars, professional photo with the stars, a private Meet and Greet with the stars, a memorabilia bid auction (I think the highest bid I heard was in the $800s for an autographed banner), share-your-favorite-TVD-episode, 30-minute question-and-answer panel with Ian and Paul (only for Gold ticketholders), an exclusive question-and-answer session with 2 stars at a time (anyone can come up and ask a question), and purchase items from the vendors.
I was only interested in meeting the characters Elijah, Damon, Stefan, Matt, and Jeremy. Saw 3 out of 5 and extras. David Alpay (Silas) looked really good in person. He dressed up very well and he looks HOT with facial hair. I felt bad for Zach Roerig (Matt Donovan) because that dude was so tired it was obvious how he was trying to be as polite and friendly as possible with fans as he was signing autographs. Another reason I could never want to do what they do in regardless of the income. It's not healthy. I don't like the spotlight. Put me in the background and I'm in my comfort zone.
Michael Markaley (Enzo) looked like himself. Not too bad looking. Matt Davis (Alaric) looked like himself as well. He was the only one who didn't participate during the question and answer panel duos. Shaun Sipos (Aaron) was cool. Didn't care for him. His character appeared in one season and played a few episodes then died.
I was introduced to the show by a past coworker of mine and after watching one episode of Season 4, I was hooked. I started watching Season 1 and caught up after 2 months. I was watching it like crazy! It was exciting!!! Lots of suspense and drama. My favorite character is Stefan Salvatore. I like him because he's a good guy. He's laid-back, calm, supportive, and just has a good heart for humankind compared to his brother, Damon. He was once a ripper like his mother but changed. Paul Wesley (Stefan) is quite handsome but Ian has some sexy eyes. Why didn't God give black people blue eyes????? So messed up....I kid! Back to the topic at hand....now the best actor on the cast between both shows is Klaus (Paul Morgan). I never like the villain characters/bad guys but typically if they scare me, then they are good actors. Ian is also good at his role. None of the female characters strike an interest. I would say I like Nina Dobrev as Katherine far better than the Elena character. Elena was cool at first but she has been boring for a long while now.
I made a huge mistake by not coming with my Canon camera. One phone that takes good pictures was malfunctioning and the new phone takes horrible pictures *sighs*. So excuse these blurry photos and the quantity of photos (normally I would have 100+ photos).
This lady bought this life-size cardboard cutout (it was selling for $35) and carried it all over the place. The stars made jokes about it. Matt Davis (Alaric) signed Paul's (Stefan) crotch area then posted it on Instagram with the lady beside it, lol. Bare in mind, the lady looks like she is in her 40s or early 50s.
Chase Coleman (left) and Micah Parker (right) - both are on the Originals
Ian and Paul during the Q&A session. I swear, these two are too cute together its weird. They literally act like brothers. If they got married, I won't be surprised, lol. Ok not really. They portray a very masculine vibe. Plus Ian is engaged and Paul is no longer married.
In short, the convention was fun. I would go again only if I can attend all days and this time I opt for at least one autograph and maybe stand in the line to ask a question. I feel that TVD would be better if the Originals cast remained on TVD. The original vampires were bad-ass (as Ian would say)! The show isn't as exciting in my opinion. Seasons 5 and 6 are just blah. I won't be surprised if it ends after Season 7. Either TVD ongoing cast transfers to the Originals or vice-versa because I really miss the Originals, which made Seasons 2 through 4 very exciting!
If you are a TVD fan, please feel free to comment! I would love to hear your thoughts. I don't know too many people who are into TVD, which is highly ridiculous :D






I like TVD, I read the books twice when I was a teen and then I watched the show too
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen it in a while, so I'm a bit behind
I prefer The Originals, I just realised that I missed 5 new episodes (you reminded me to check the Syfy website)
Seems like you had a fun day :)
Neeny x
Yay!!! Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad u're a fan! Never read the books. The Originals isn't too bad. More much action and Klaus is the star of the show. I'm behind on that show as it still doesn't grab my attention that much and I lost track of when it comes on up until recently.
DeleteWho's ur favorite character?
That's a hard question, I have too many favourites!
DeleteFrom TVD - Damon and Bonnie I think
From The Originals - Klaus, Marcel and Rebekah
I don't know who I like the most, probably Klaus too :)
Neeny x
Lol. Marcel is cool. I also like Elijah. Rebekah is just blah. Apparently there is a new "Rebekah"
DeleteYea there is for now, but I haven't seen those episodes yet but I'm going to soon!
Deletei also enjoy being in the background , makes me focus better than being in the spotlight. Looks like you had a fun outing .
ReplyDeletewww.stylenbeautylounge.com
Must admit I'm so jealous!! But glad you had a great time!! I'm on season 4 of TVD at the moment, I'd love to meet Ian Somerhalder, Joseph Morgan and Matt Davis. I can understand how it must be tiring for the actors though, especially people yelling "I love you" everywhere they go, you gotta feel a bit sorry for them.
ReplyDeleteAmandaSays
Maybe you could catch them in Europe. One of the stars was sharing a crazy fan experience, i think it was Zach (Matt Donovan), and he said a group of them were in Europe when this occurred. Btw, I was told that Joseph Morgan doesn't come to these conventions. But I would like to meet him too. And Yayyyy that you're getting closer to season 6!
DeleteDo you watch the Originals? And who's your favorite character?