disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor or a practicing nutritionist or in the agriculture industry, therefore any health-related or agriculture-related information posted on this blog should be verified on your own. I do not know it all and sometimes I might be wrong.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Widgets

Pot Roast

Cooked with wine for the first time! Let me take you through my decisive process to cook this dish. First off, I hate the taste of alcohol so I was very hesitant to use wine to cook. I probably spent up to 6 hours deciding which wine brand to buy. At first, a HEB employee told me to use sherry or marsala. Got to the cashier line and discovered I cannot buy alcohol before 12 pm and you cannot buy sherry (18% alcohol) on Sundays. I was very disappointed because I had things to do and this was wasting my time. The employee failed to mention that I would not be able to buy it. Later that day, I drove to another HEB and an employee pointed me to the wine below. It's less than $10 and only needed a few tablespoons. Not certain how to use up the leftover wine besides a red wine vinaigriette.

My pot roast turned out great!!!! MUY RICO! See below. The wine gave the roast a different flavor compared to other times. I used organic red potatoes and local grass-fed chuck roast (from Law Ranch Cattle).

Here is the recipe I used: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/awesome-red-wine-pot-roast/

Dried thyme, onions, heirloom garlic (local), bay leaves (local), dried oregano (local), sea salt
  I kept forgetting to snap a photo of my plate and this was the last bit left

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your feedback! Please feel free to leave a link to your blog as you post comments. Nice to know someone is reading this :)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.