disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor or a practicing nutritionist or in the agriculture industry, therefore any health-related or agriculture-related information posted on this blog should be verified on your own. I do not know it all and sometimes I might be wrong.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Widgets

Homemade cream cheese

This has been on my to-cook list for a long time. Finally did it!!! I have refrained from buying commercial cream cheese from the store for probably 2 years or more and I am a fan of cream cheese. Whether organic or not, commercial cream cheese is full of crap.
 
The famous Kraft Philadelphia cream cheese ingredient list:
Pasteurized Nonfat Milk, and Milkfat, Whey, Whey Protein Concentrate, Cheese Culture, Salt, Calcium Phosphate, Stabilizers (Xanthan Gum, and/or Carob Bean Gum, and/or Guar Gum), Lactic Acid, Sorbic Acid (preservative) Natural Flavor, Vitamin A Palmitate.
 
Here is the recipe I used to make a yogurt-based cream cheese. Guess how many ingredients there are? Just the ingredients used to make the yogurt. There is another method to making regular cream cheese (using raw cream), which I will like to try some other time. Below was what I used and my result.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Using those 2 quarts (64 oz) of yogurt equate to 2 cups of cream cheese. I used a nut milk bag instead of a cheesecloth to drain out the whey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your feedback! Please feel free to leave a link to your blog as you post comments. Nice to know someone is reading this :)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.