Cheesecake is one of my favorite cakes. And I am very pleased on how this turned out! I once made cheesecake with commercial cream cheese and it didn't turn out that well. For the cheesecake below, I did not follow one recipe. So it was a big risk making this without knowing how it will actually turn out.
Here is what I did different compared to the way most people prepare cheesecake:
- I reduced the amount of sugar listed on the recipe (typical for me)
- The crust was homemade sugar cookies using spelt flour
- Used homemade cream cheese (yogurt based)
- No vanilla extract (I'll start using that when I can make my own or find someone who makes it sustainably)
- No lemon zest (lemons are not in season here)
- Used handpicked blueberries
What I will do differently next time is:
- Make a thicker, less crumbly crust. I might do a homemade pecan crust or homemade shortbread cookie crust
- Use a smaller pan to increase the volume of cream cheese






No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving your feedback! Please feel free to leave a link to your blog as you post comments. Nice to know someone is reading this :)
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.