disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor or a practicing nutritionist or in the agriculture industry, therefore any health-related or agriculture-related information posted on this blog should be verified on your own. I do not know it all and sometimes I might be wrong.

Monday, September 28, 2015

Widgets

Spatchcocked Chicken

Thanks to Chef Jeremy, I found the best way to roast whole chicken. Spatchcocking a whole chicken (or any fowl) is a fairly simple technique and not too time consuming. Here are instructions and a video clip, if you prefer videos. To grill, use this.

I have not found a great way to spice chicken but I tried a new idea. Marinated the chicken with salt, cayenne pepper, self-dried basil, sugar, white vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, and coconut aminos (very small amount) for a few hours. Baked at 425 degrees for 1 hour. Increased the temperature to brown the skin. My conclusion is no matter how I season this particular chicken, it taste moist and delicious. I don't think marinating it made any difference.

This is my staple chicken which is pastured by Bryan Farms. Only available at Farm Stand at Petrol Station Farmers Market. I do not buy chicken from anywhere but there.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your feedback! Please feel free to leave a link to your blog as you post comments. Nice to know someone is reading this :)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.