disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor or a practicing nutritionist or in the agriculture industry, therefore any health-related or agriculture-related information posted on this blog should be verified on your own. I do not know it all and sometimes I might be wrong.

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Widgets

CSA box

I purchased my first ever CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) box from the great Animal Farm. A CSA is a way for consumers to buy local, seasonal food directly from a farmer. I would not do a CSA with a farm I have no prior knowledge of. They are good farmers, certified organic, and I spent a night at the farm once.

I have been wanting to try a CSA program but I could not for these reasons:
  • Afraid that the food would be too much for just me (no one in my circle eats or cooks like me)
  • Get stuck with vegetables/fruits that I cannot figure out how to cook to my liking or just do not like at all
  • Constrained to a fixed number of weeks, especially if I do not like certain vegetables/fruits that is in season at the present time
Why did I go for this CSA? Well, the price was reasonable and I was permitted to pick up a box every other week instead of once a week. We'll see how it goes.

Bell peppers, chinese egglants, sugarbaby watermelon, basil, oyster & mushrooms (brown bag), peppers (special type - name unknown), cucumbers

 
I was not sure about the volume of the box but obviously it was not enough. Purchased other things between Urban Harvest Farmers Market and the Farmers Market in Garden Oaks area.
 
Whole chicken, chuck roast beef, ground beef, roselle, okra, sweet potatoes, 2 dozen eggs, sugar scrub bar soap 
 
Interested in trying this CSA or other CSAs? Feel free to contact me or reply below. 

3 comments:

  1. Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada! You have a lovely blog. :) We have a similar thing here in my area and I think it is great! Your purchases look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda! Thanks for your feedback. Very much appreciated! :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your feedback! Please feel free to leave a link to your blog as you post comments. Nice to know someone is reading this :)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.