disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor or a practicing nutritionist or in the agriculture industry, therefore any health-related or agriculture-related information posted on this blog should be verified on your own. I do not know it all and sometimes I might be wrong.

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Widgets

Animal Farm Center

This is my second farm-to-table dinner at a farm I patronize (see my post on the first one). They are located in Cat Springs, Texas. I enjoyed my time and it was a very different experience than the first. Definitely worth $95. Our chefs were Chandler Rothbard and Chett Bland. The dinner was filmed and will appear on a show titled Keeping It Real Local on Youtube.

First off, they served us homemade flatbread pizza and a flatbread rollup. It was so fresh and delicious!!!! It was cooked in this coal fired oven.

Our food the night being transported in a tractor

We were given a tour by Gita, the wonderful pioneer behind Animal Farm.

A huge mulberry tree

It is mildly sweet and yummy!

A peach tree

Looking at Rainbow Carrots - purple, orange, white, yellow

Tomatoes - currently immature


Baby Arugula - not as bitter…..semi-spicy flavor
Immatured Elderberries
A sunflower

It's Dinner time!!! They run on solar power
First meal - Spiced Texas longhorn carpaccio (raw beef tenderloin), some herb, tomato marmalade, seeds

 
Five onion soup with chorizo rillet, chive oil, blossoms, & espresso salt - picture not shown

gingered farro (whole grains) with beets, carrots, peas, other vegetables and several purees

Left to Right: Chef Chett, Morris, Shane
Slow roasted gulf grouper in a broth - grilled fennel, charred leek, carrots, jerusalem artichokes, flower, english peas

Dessert - Gluten-free carrot cake with candied walnuts

Slept in the Yoga Center with the other guests
 
The restroom next to the Yoga Center

These are some other photos of the property - beautiful pool!
3-story house with cross ventilation
Beautiful flowers - if you know their names, please let me know! I know some of them are snapdragon

In short, I LOVED THE FOOD!!!! My favorite was the farro dish and the dessert. I ate like 4 or 5 pieces of cake. It was that tasty, especially with the white stuff and nuts!!!!! People were full but I was not.

Gita is my inspiration! If I run my own farm, I would want it to be like Animal Farm. Only 20 acres of the land is used for farming (it's a 70-acre property). Thanks to Cas and Gita for inviting us to their place and growing TRULY organic, chemical-free food for people to eat. And thanks to the Chefs, Chett and Chandler! Y'all are awesome!!

www.animalfarmcenter.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your feedback! Please feel free to leave a link to your blog as you post comments. Nice to know someone is reading this :)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.