disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor or a practicing nutritionist or in the agriculture industry, therefore any health-related or agriculture-related information posted on this blog should be verified on your own. I do not know it all and sometimes I might be wrong.

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Widgets

Chicken Pot Pie (crust-free)

At first I was going to bake kefir biscuits (I have local kefir that has been frozen in my freezer for a year), but that will require more time. Eventually I found a recipe that uses mashed potatoes as the topping.

What I did differently:
  • Used cooked chicken
  • Instead of celery, used bell peppers
  • Instead of all-purpose flour, used whole grain spelt flour
  • Instead of chicken stock, used chicken drippings from this and added water
  • Instead of vegetable oil, used local extra virgin olive oil
  • Instead of heavy cream, used local raw milk
  • Added smoked paprika and cayenne pepper
  • No leeks, white wine, parsley leaves
  • Added yogurt and creme fraiche to the mashed potatoes for fun
  • Did not gauge the amount of liquid - I had a little too much
Conclusion:
  • Tasted good though! I will try to redo this with a crust and compare
  • Frozen chicken pot pie contains too many ridiculous ingredients (see below). Stop buying it! 

My chicken pot pie without a pastry crust


Voila! Loved every bit of this pie!!!

4 comments:

Thanks for leaving your feedback! Please feel free to leave a link to your blog as you post comments. Nice to know someone is reading this :)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.