So I should eat well only at home but eat whatever outside of home, right? I have observed that everyone around me believes that I won't eat the shitty food they serve to me because I think I will die if I eat it. And that "I should enjoy life" (How do you know if I am not enjoying life? Do you think I am the only who doesn't feel this way?). You must be dumb to think that. Why? Who do you think should take a stand to promote real food in this f-ed up country called United states of America? If I sit back, remain in my corner, and keep quiet, how and why should I expect a change?
This is a consumer-driven culture. I can't expect much from the homeless or low income individuals to make an impact. So the change must start with the middle class and higher. I wish more celebrities who know would take stand up and fight. Everyone in America knows the common food made cheap and widely available lacks nutrition but don't bother to think about it.
What irks me is the amount of laziness from those who have no kids or no spouse and earn enough income. They rather dine out or watch TV all day long or spend money on other things that don't necessarily add value to their life but would throw the statement that "organic is too expensive." I guess it is all about priorization, right? Like when will those who need to get it, GET IT???? And what also sucks is how this concept of industrialized food is spreading over to other countries.
I did some math. If I don't go anywhere besides my 40-hour job, sleeping, and attending church on Sundays, I am left with:
- 7 hours to spare every work week (AM and PM)
- 18 hours on Saturday
- 14 hours on Sunday
Look at all those hours???? Isn't it awesome not having a spouse or kids? Now I do tend to waste a lot of that time because I get easily distracted and think about too many things all at once. So I obviously have no excuse to NOT cook. And the same can be said for many in my shoes.
Anyways, my backup plan for now is to have dried fruits in my car. I need to plan ahead more and keep ready-to-go snacks stacked in my fridge/freezer. When possible, I will eat before leaving. This is part of why I don't like spontaneous or unplanned activities. A typical freshly cooked meal for me could take an hour to 2 hours. Preparation time is sometimes where most of the time goes.
I don't really like nuts but this is a good way for me to incorporate them into my diet. Homemade ready-to-go snacks:
- I had the Dark chocolate and salt KIND bar for my 1st time and boyyyy did it taste good! I want to try making my own: http://www.theyummylife.com/Homemade_KIND_Bars. (These can be refridgerated or frozen)
- I might also try making one of these bars
- Or maybe any of these
The war on food continues.......



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving your feedback! Please feel free to leave a link to your blog as you post comments. Nice to know someone is reading this :)
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.