disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor or a practicing nutritionist or in the agriculture industry, therefore any health-related or agriculture-related information posted on this blog should be verified on your own. I do not know it all and sometimes I might be wrong.

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Widgets

Traveling abroad by myself

I am about to start a new adventure for myself, which is to travel alone. A coworker offered this idea to me like 5 or 6 years ago but I had no interest in it. I should have listened!!! I probably would have crossed off 10 of the cities I would really love to visit by now. The reason why I did not like the idea of solo traveling is I felt it would be boring. Like who would take photos of me or for me? Who would keep me company to chit-chat or laugh with?

The most I have done is to fly on a plane alone (many times) and accommodation is taken care of via staying with a friend or relatives or domestic business travel.

I enjoy my own company and love being independent so the first trip alone should be interesting!! No more accomodating to the interest of others (e.g. not as adventurous or very indecisive or picky about lodging options). No more working around people's schedule or budget limitations. Now I can do it the way I want, how I want, and when I want. No limits. WOOHOO!!!

The only concern I see is safety since I am a female. But God is my protector and I will not allow the fear of safety to get in the way.

According to some online articles the following countries are suitable for solo travelers:
  • Australia
  • Singapore
  • Indonesia
  • Croatia
  • Chile
  • Germany
  • Netherlands
  • Iceland
  • Belize
  • Canada
  • New Zealand
Some of these are already on my bucket list so that is definitely nice. Can you take a wild guess on which country I will likely pick first? Comment below!

Another thing I might try to include in my solo travel is volunteering since it is one of my pastimes and it is more fun interacting with locals.

3 comments:

  1. Go girl and don't say I'm.gay cause I might make u fall in love haaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. so where have you gone to so far?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the delay. Just seeing this comment. England, Nigeria, Colombia, Netherlands (1.5 hour stay), and UAE.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving your feedback! Please feel free to leave a link to your blog as you post comments. Nice to know someone is reading this :)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.