disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor or a practicing nutritionist or in the agriculture industry, therefore any health-related or agriculture-related information posted on this blog should be verified on your own. I do not know it all and sometimes I might be wrong.

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Widgets

Throwback Thursday

As people like to post a "throwback" photo of themselves from the past, here is a throwback of desserts I have made in the past (see below). All were quite mmmm YUMMY!!!!! I like sweet stuff but my tongue cannot stand too much sugar. Plus my teeth has recently become sensitive to extra sweet food. Got to listen to my body!

So my cakes or cupcakes 98% of the time will never have icing. Hence it will look plain. They look brown because I no longer use white flour. I always use whole grain flour.


Top Left to Right: Strawberry Cake, Blueberry muffins with almonds on top**
Middle Left to Right: 'Love' blueberry birthday cake**, 1-ingredient Banana Ice Cream
Bottom Left to Right: Yellow Cake, Strawberry-lemon popsicle***, Oatmeal Cranberry cookies*

*If you want the recipe to the cookies I made, comment below and I will post the recipe (warning: it's addictive!)
**Use fresh blueberries, not frozen (same goes for strawberries). Handpicked blueberries taste even better! As for the recipe, use the same recipe for the strawberry cake and substitute the strawberries for blueberries.
***There are other ways to make these but this version (dixie cups & popsicle sticks) allows you to make a bigger quantity. Recipe for the mix (I cannot remember the exact recipe I used and I only made it once. But the blueberry lemonade recipe is probably the one I used - I know I used: maple syrup, fresh strawberries, fresh lemons).

Where the recipe says "cake/all-purpose/white flour", I used spelt flour with the exact measurement. Also, pay attention to the recipe reviews for Allrecipes.com. They were helpful for me.

2 comments:

Thanks for leaving your feedback! Please feel free to leave a link to your blog as you post comments. Nice to know someone is reading this :)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.