disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor or a practicing nutritionist or in the agriculture industry, therefore any health-related or agriculture-related information posted on this blog should be verified on your own. I do not know it all and sometimes I might be wrong.

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Widgets

Throwback Thursday

Traveled to South America and Colombia for my first time. I was in the capital, Bogota, most of the time. Before leaving, it's funny how everyone I told that I was traveling to Colombia first asked, "Are you going for work?" I barely travel for work. I think it is safe to assume that in their eyes, Colombia isn't a vacation destination. But really, it is. It's a beautiful country and I only saw 2% of it!!!

Here are some photos out of 800+:

Breakfast is served - homemade fruit drink (contains passionfruit), colombian coffee, freshly made bread, queso crema (cream cheese), scrambled eggs

This game is called Ludo in England and Nigeria, but the Colombian name is called Parqués. Unfortunately I was the first to lose :(

Colombian Pesos (I think $1 was 2000 pesos when I was there) 

Me and my friend at Catedral de Sal (tourist attraction)

The inside of the cathedral....very pretty

The gang
Posing just before the mining tour at Catedral de Sal


Bogota at night (waiting for the moon eclipse at La Paloma)

Rapelling/Trekking/Cycling/Bat cave tour/Farm tour at Nemecon (north of Bogota)

Don't remember the name of this fruit
 
Before the bat cave tour
Entrance to the bat cave
So we're preparing to ride the bikes to the rapelling site. Because I am not in shape, I could not remain on the bike for long without stopping whenever the steep was too high. Ran out of breath too quickly. Since there wasn't enough bikes for everyone, someone used my bike while I remained in the car. I'll come better prepared next time!

See how steep that is and of course I ran out of breath walking upwards
 
I was underdressed and it got cold quick so I decided not to rapell :(  Plus the tour guide took forever to get people harnessed correctly and time was running out (as you can tell)
  
At Mount Monserrate (tourist attraction)
 

View of Bogota from the top

Transmilenio - Bogota's public train system



I definitely need to return! Hopefully I'll be able to see west of Colombia (the Coast side) and speak more Spanish by then.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, looks like you had a great time :)
    That breakfast looks so yummy!
    I used to love playing ludo when I was younger, I haven't played it in so long

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that breakfast was yummy!!!! Although it's not 100% healthy. Ludo is fun but I suck at it. Didn't play with it when I was young. The other game that's similar to Ludo is an American game called Trouble, which I'm better at but rarely play.

      Delete
  2. Wow ,looks like you had a lot of fun in colombia, I would love to taste the fruit too. Thanks for following me on my blog , i,I just entered my email on your subscription box to follow you because I couldn't find the GFC follow link.

    www.stylenbeautylounge.com

    .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, thanks Uzo! I'll try to figure that out. I'm still learning how to customize this blog.

      Thanks for posting! :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving your feedback! Please feel free to leave a link to your blog as you post comments. Nice to know someone is reading this :)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.