disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor or a practicing nutritionist or in the agriculture industry, therefore any health-related or agriculture-related information posted on this blog should be verified on your own. I do not know it all and sometimes I might be wrong.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Widgets

Dietary Supplements

These are the 5 supplements I was told by my nutritionist to take based on my test results. 


Frankly, I do not like medicine or supplements. I haven't researched supplements to understand how they are produced so I've remained skeptical. I just know that 1) FDA does not regulate dietary supplements and 2) Supplements can be filled with extra, unnecessary stuff just like any food product. I have returned the antioxidant supplement and will focus on getting antioxidants through my diet as much as I can. I want to try reducing the other supplements I take and get them through my diet. I know it could take longer but I strongly believe my case is due to my diet over the years. I will need to start some physical exercise as well.

Diet-wise my nutritionist said I should reduce the amount of grains I consume. Some say grains and legumes contain anti-nutrients (phytates, lectins) and since I used to eat a lot of whole grains, it could be the reason why I am low in some of these vitamins and minerals (my body is unable to absorb most of the necessary nutrients). I was focused on food elimination and substitution. In other words, eliminating/restricting myself from as many processed/packaged foods, cooking as many foods from scratch, and incorporating foods with more nutrients.

She also said to eat 100 grams of carbs per day. Uncertain why "100 grams." Why not more, why not less? But I will be doing some research. I don't measure how much carbs I eat so this will be a first. I won't be surprised if I eat more than 100 grams.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with eating 100 grams of carbs only :)
    I eat too much legumes, I can't live without them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your feedback! Please feel free to leave a link to your blog as you post comments. Nice to know someone is reading this :)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.