disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor or a practicing nutritionist or in the agriculture industry, therefore any health-related or agriculture-related information posted on this blog should be verified on your own. I do not know it all and sometimes I might be wrong.

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Widgets

Farmers market stop + Next Meals for 5/2-5/16

Animal Farm - eggs, beets, carrots, kohlrabi, collard greens, romaine lettuce, mulberries
Texas Longhorn Land and Cattle Co - longhorn ground beef
Plant It forward farms - kale
Local gardener - Kumquats, Oregano


Meals to cook (tentative): 

  • Plantain casserole
  • Brown rice Chipotle bowl
  • Sauteed/Oven-roasted fish with baked plantain and vegetables
  • Homemade caramelized walnuts
  • Almond sugar cookies (grain-free)

4 comments:

  1. Homemade Caramelised Walnuts sounds like it would be super yummy! By the way, I tried plantain at your recommendation, I bought the chips version, an they were delicious! Very similar to aubergine I think!

    ♥.•*¨ AmandaSays ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had some last week with carrot cake and it was so yummy! Glad u liked the plantain chips. Had no idea what an "aubergine" is. Americans call it eggplant. I'm not a fan of them though. Plantain chips don't taste anything like an aubergine, in my opinion. The ones u had, were they on the sweet side or not at all?

      Delete
  2. No, they were just plain, there were all these different flavoured ones and I didn't know which one to choose, so I picked a basic unflavoured one. I'm going to buy fresh plantain when I find some and try cooking them at home!
    Haha, you say eggplant, I say aubergine :) I'm not a fan of them either, my mum makes Baba Ganoush out of them (have you heard of it? it's like homous but instead of chickpeas it has grilled then puréed eggplant and garlic to make a dip, it's quite nice) and sometimes we fry them, but they're probably my least favourite vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ok. Let me know what you think about fresh plantains.

      Never heard of Baba ganoush. Doesn't sound tasty. I would say egglant is one of my least favorites too.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving your feedback! Please feel free to leave a link to your blog as you post comments. Nice to know someone is reading this :)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.