disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor or a practicing nutritionist or in the agriculture industry, therefore any health-related or agriculture-related information posted on this blog should be verified on your own. I do not know it all and sometimes I might be wrong.

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Widgets

Chocolate-covered Pecans

Instead of this:

I made my own and I think it taste better (less sugar, no corn syrup, no milk powder, less additives, etc):

Ingredients used: raw pecan halves, raw heavy cream, Lindt's 90% dark chocolate (no soy lecithin), and raw honey. Heated over the stovetop.


Nutritional Benefits of dark chocolate (70% cocoa or higher):
  • Rich in Iron, Magnesium, Copper, Manganese, Potassium, Fiber
  • Contains a variety of antioxidants
  • Reduction in cardiometabolic disorders
  • Can improve memory loss
Nutritional Benefits of pecans:
  • Rich in vitamin E, several B vitamins, iron, zinc, calcium, etc
  • Contains heart-healthy fats like Oleic Acid 
  • Antioxidants
  • It has anti-inflammatory properties
  • Can reduce blood pressure
What's funny is I have never been a fan of nuts or dark chocolate. But here I am eating both! Not bad but not my favorite.

Reference Links:
http://naturalsociety.com/health-benefits-of-pecans-7-reasons-eat-pecans/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21875885

4 comments:

  1. Nuts and chocolate are definitely yummy!
    It's so much better making it than buying it

    Neeny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this looks delicious! Homemade snacks are always tastier, and you actually know what ingredients are going into them :) x

    www.amandasays.org.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your feedback! Please feel free to leave a link to your blog as you post comments. Nice to know someone is reading this :)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.