disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor or a practicing nutritionist or in the agriculture industry, therefore any health-related or agriculture-related information posted on this blog should be verified on your own. I do not know it all and sometimes I might be wrong.

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Widgets

Kumquats

I bought some kumquats from the farmers market weeks ago and they have been sitting in my fridge for a while because I was too lazy to look up recipes and determine whether I want to do it or not. Never eaten or heard of them before. You can eat it raw with the peel on but it was too tangy for me.



And my final decision was………………..to made a marmalade using this recipe. The other idea was to make a drink. For the marmalade, no pectin was used and no exact measurements. It turned out fine. See below.

Nutritional benefits of Kumquats:
  • Very rich in vitamin C
  • Its peel is rich in many essential oils, poly-phenolic flavonoid anti-oxidants, and fiber
  • Rich in a number of vital minerals such as iron, calcium, zinc, copper and much more


2 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever eaten kumquats before, either, although they look a lot like little oranges! The marmalade looks tasty :)

    ♥.•*¨ Amanda Says ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was tasty. Yea they look like a smaller version of an orange

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your feedback! Please feel free to leave a link to your blog as you post comments. Nice to know someone is reading this :)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.