disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor or a practicing nutritionist or in the agriculture industry, therefore any health-related or agriculture-related information posted on this blog should be verified on your own. I do not know it all and sometimes I might be wrong.

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Widgets

Homemade Almond milk & flour

These are organic whole almonds from Whole Foods ($9.99/lb). I have never purchased almond flour or almond milk and will probably never need to. Making the milk is easy with a nut milk bag (reusable). Making the flour is a little more time consuming. Click here for instructions.

After soaking them for up to 24 hours
 
The mistake I made with this is I did not take off the skins in the first round
 Second round
 FRESH, RAW, Unsweetened Almond milk! 
You can add maple syrup, salt, and vanilla extract for more flavor
 Fresh Almond Flour with skins removed (dried in the oven)

Some insight on producing almonds organically: http://chorganicalmonds.com/WhatisOrganic.html 

5 comments:

  1. I drink almond milk like it's water, and it looks pretty simple to make! Must do this next time I can get my hands a food processor :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite simple to make. U dont have a blender? This works with a blender (I used 2 different blenders, each uses a different blade).

      Delete
  2. This looks so good, I'm totally trying out the almond milk!

    Neeny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super useful, I love almond milk and I usually buy the cartons, and to be honest I never thought of making it! Can't wait to give this a go. Thanks, Anna! x

    AmandaSays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Im sure you'll enjoy it even more.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving your feedback! Please feel free to leave a link to your blog as you post comments. Nice to know someone is reading this :)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.