I love going to Houston Dairymaids! I always liked cheese but had no idea there are tons of different cheeses out there. They offer cheese tasting daily. Each week, they feature a new set of cheeses of different flavors and milk types (goat, sheep, cow) on their cheese plate. Someone will explain each cheese you taste and its origin. They carry over 150 cheeses! I think most are handcrafted. Some from Texas, Vermont, Wisconsin, Georgia, Utah, Missouri, Spain, England, and all over.
These are 2 cheeses I purchased - June's Joy contains honey and spices so it has a sweet flavor. Mt Tam, from Cowgirl Creamery, is a triple cream cheese (70% butterfat) and it taste like butter. YUMMYNESS!!!
If you're in the Houston area and like cheese, I highly recommend you check them out. The staff are helpful. They also carry freshly baked bread, yogurt, olives, cookies, crackers, butter from local/small businesses.
#GoLocal #SupportLocalBusinesses





These cheeses sound good :)
ReplyDeleteThe only cheese I ever eat is cheddar, I've been meaning to try different cheeses!
Neeny x
Definitely try other cheeses. You're missing out!
Deletei am not really into cheese but this looks yummy.
ReplyDeletewww.stylenbeautylounge.com
I don't think naijas are into cheese. Don't think I saw cheese whenever I go to Nigeria.
DeleteAll this cheese looks tasty! The only cheeses I don't really like are blue cheese and goats cheese, I think they're an acquired taste :) or maybe I just don't know how to use them, like maybe they're better grilled or something.
ReplyDeleteAmandaSays
Oh ok. We all have different tastebuds so yea maybe it's an acquired taste. Not all cheeses are made the same way as there are so many out there. You could also be using them wrong. Or maybe it's the ones you've tasted.
Delete