Financial Results for Kellogg in Year 2014 and the 4th quarter
Your healthy habits are eating into the packaged foods industry
I knew if only MORE people will eat real food and quit spending money on deceptive, corrupt, greedy monster companies like General Mills, Kraft, Kellogg, ConAgra Foods, McDonalds, then sales WILL decline. Lo and behold, it's already happening. It's only a matter of time before some will totally go bankrupt. It can happen faster if enough people can boycott them for good. We, individually, have the power to do so. As far as I'm concerned, such corporations don't deserve to be in business. Why? They will choose profits any day over the welfare of their consumers. This irks me so bad, if you have not noticed.
I refuse to eat just anything (the old me) when I have a choice to eat better. I especially refuse to purposely spend my money on those corporations when I'm helping to fuel their profits (main reason for why I don't like dining out). If I can cook it, what excuse do I have? Anything I need to learn is freely available on the World Wide Web.
So to those who share a similar stance to eating "real" food, I encourage you to keep eating well. Eat seasonally as much as you can. Stay away from industrialized food. Vote with your fork. It's worth it in the long run. Industrial packaged foods is incapable of providing the right nutrition to humans. We are meant to cook food. Not eat out of a box or plastic sealed package or metal cans.
Some food for thought:






I agree completely! I study nutritional sciences and much of our discussion is about how food corporations love for profit is impacting people's health. You're so right about having the power to change this by eating better! I wish I had the means to cook more of my own meals like you do, everything you've posted looks delicious :)
ReplyDeleteohvivreennoir.com ♥♥
Hi Raigon! Thanks for commenting! I hope in the near future you will be able to cook more often. Cute blog!
DeleteI'm pretty lucky in that my mum cooks EVERYTHING from scratch. She taught me to do the same :) sometimes I've cheated a bit and bought a ready curry sauce to save time, but I'm glad I know how to make things. I love cooking! I agree that we shouldn't contribute to the junk food industry by buying all the processed rubbish.
ReplyDeleteAmandaSays
Yes you are blessed! I'm having to teach myself and I have a long way to go and much more learning to do. Still a lot I barely don't know enough of.
Delete