disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor or a practicing nutritionist or in the agriculture industry, therefore any health-related or agriculture-related information posted on this blog should be verified on your own. I do not know it all and sometimes I might be wrong.

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Widgets

New meals

Still struggling to find a variety of grain-free, plant-based meals to incorporate into my diet that can be prepared in advance and taste good when warmed up. A public kitchen at work would solve part of my problem.  Some foods just taste better when it's freshly cooked. 

Lunch meals:
Pot roast with red potatoes
Boiled Yuca with ground beef and tomato-based sauce
Vaca Atolada (In English - beef ribs with yuca)
Grain-free pizza with my choice of toppings

Other stuff:
Strawberry slushie
Mozzarella-stuffed meatballs (without pasta)
Red rock cheddar cheese with dried cranberries
Cauliflower rice

Below are the items I purchased while at the farmers market today (60% of my groceries) - Broccoli (did not know there is "purple" broccoli), eggs, rainbow carrots, oranges, ruby red grapefruit, cauliflower, sugar peas, snap peas, grassed beef chuck roast.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you got some really healthy stuffs from the market. I can't go a day without my veggies. Great post.

    www.stylenbeautylounge.com
    .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE farmer's markets! So much more fun than supermarkets AND ethically better, win, win :) x

    www.amandasays.org.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSSSS!!! I have learned a lot more about food, what's in season, farming, etc just by going to the farmers market. You get a chance to know the farmers and they know you. No middleman. Can't get better than that! I could never know what I know now by going to a supermarket. The employees don't even know what's in the food they sell. Probably even the store owner might not know either. They just work to get paid.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving your feedback! Please feel free to leave a link to your blog as you post comments. Nice to know someone is reading this :)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.