PE was the most sports experience I've ever had. I sucked at every sport from what I remember although I did not play long enough. Badminton, Volleyball, Matball, Swimming, Track….I probably just needed one-on-one training. I did better at swimming with one-on-one training compared to the group training where everyone passed the Red Cross swimming test (mandatory) except me. I eventually passed when I retook swimming for PE in 11th grade. The test sort of followed this. Till this day I swim better on my back than freestyle stroking.
I actually tried tennis some years ago for the 1st time and I sucked.
I've tried flag football (co-ed) and I really enjoyed that.
Someone tried teaching me basketball once (for 30 minutes or so) and it was fun.
I played soccer with 3 other people for an hour but I sucked. Played once.
Tried a group Taekwondo class and sucked at following instructions.
Anyway, tomorrow I start indoor soccer (football) with a co-ed team. Bought cleats, socks, and shorts. I hope I enjoy it otherwise I might quit, lol. Looking forward to seeing what it's like to play a sport for recreation.
UPDATE [3/5/15]: After today's game, I don't think I could have played soccer when I was young. It was interesting though. And my team won (7 to 4)! WOOP WOOP!!! And it was our first time playing together. Almost none of us know each other. I was the only one who did not sweat because I barely ran lololol. Ran away from the ball a couple of times. Lolol. I was told "you control the ball then kick" but I have no idea how to do that. I noticed when others do it though. I did attempt to make a goal twice but didn't quite make it. I was told "sidelines sidelines". No idea what the heck that means lololol. The game went by too fast though. I think we played for like 35 minutes with a 1-minute break????!!!!
Anyway….I need one-on-one coaching and need to watch some Youtube videos. Maybe I'll come out to the next game…...Oh and my innermost toe hurts :(




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving your feedback! Please feel free to leave a link to your blog as you post comments. Nice to know someone is reading this :)
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.