disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor or a practicing nutritionist or in the agriculture industry, therefore any health-related or agriculture-related information posted on this blog should be verified on your own. I do not know it all and sometimes I might be wrong.

Monday, March 16, 2015

Widgets

Plantain Nachos

First time! Fried green plantains with chopped avocado and homemade chili. Forgot to add cheese. Click for recipe.


7 comments:

  1. Ooo the plantain chips look good!

    Neeny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I still miss tortilla chips though. I was hoping this could be a better substitution.

      Delete
  3. I've never actually tried plantain, but it looks similar to a banana. Does it taste the same? I LOVE avocados though, a bit of salt and lemon, and just scooping it out with a spoon, yummy!!

    AmandaSays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, u should really try it. Most like it. It's a versatile fruit. Its in the same family of bananas but it taste nothing like a banana. You can't peel a plantain like you would with a banana. You need a knife to cut it open. You can fry, boil, grill, or oven-roast plantains whether its ripe (yellow/brown/black) or unripe (green). You can also turn it into a flour, which is gluten-free. I just love plantains!!

      Give it a try when you get a chance and let me know! Try it when its ripe first (best when the skin is more yellowish than brown/blackish). It's sweet. When its unripe, the taste is completely the opposite and very firm.

      Delete
  4. I will definitely try it :) and I'll let you know! Although I don't think there's ANY fruit or vegetable that I don't like so I'm sure I will. I love trying new foods! And it certainly does sound very versatile!

    AmandaSays

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your feedback! Please feel free to leave a link to your blog as you post comments. Nice to know someone is reading this :)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.