disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor or a practicing nutritionist or in the agriculture industry, therefore any health-related or agriculture-related information posted on this blog should be verified on your own. I do not know it all and sometimes I might be wrong.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Widgets

Fried brown rice

I love rice so very dearly but since rice is considered a grain, I currently don't eat it as often. Grains contain anti-nutrients (phytates and lectins). Plus, I have a box of brown rice I bought from Amazon before I made this decision.

When I eat brown rice, this is one way I like to cook it. Chinese-style fried rice using brown rice, coconut aminos (alternative to soy sauce), and no MSG. Stir-fried in a wok. Recipe base here. (Chinese fried rice was one of my top favorite meals)

Beef (chuck roast) - Law Cattle Ranch
Green onions, sugar peas, & carrots - Plant It Forward Farms
Cremini & Shiitake Mushrooms - via Animal Farm Center
Extra Virgin Olive Oil - Texas Ranch Olive Oil
Brown rice - Lundberg Family Farms
Coconut Aminos - Coconut Secret

4 comments:

  1. It looks so good, I love rice and I never will be able to live without it!

    Neeny x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Rice has been a staple all my life

      Delete
  2. This looks delicious Anna! The best way to avoid the phytic acid in beans, nuts and grains is to soak them overnight with plenty of water. The next day discard that water, rinse the grains/beans/nut and then cook normally. You can do this with any grains/beans/nuts and this way you will fully take advantage of its high nutritious properties. The more hours of soaking, the more phytic acid will be released. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea! Yes, I've read that but "they" say you should soak it in something acidic (e.g. vinegar, buttermilk, lemon juice). Water isn't acidic. So when I soaked oatmeal in apple cider vinegar, it was absolutely disgusting! I've also tried soaking dried kidney beans in water for up to 2 days and it didn't sprout but the taste and texture was completely not the same. I want to try soaking rice but afraid once again that the taste will be compromised. Thanks for your feedback.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving your feedback! Please feel free to leave a link to your blog as you post comments. Nice to know someone is reading this :)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.