disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor or a practicing nutritionist or in the agriculture industry, therefore any health-related or agriculture-related information posted on this blog should be verified on your own. I do not know it all and sometimes I might be wrong.

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Widgets

A proposed ban of GMOs passes through in L.A., 13-1 vote

WOOP WOOP!!!! This is GREAT news for those who actually care about the food they eat. At some point, I'll post some information on the difference between GMOs, hybrids, and selective breeding and why I am against it.

It appears this ban will prohibit the growth, sale, and distribution of GMO seeds and plants within the city of Los Angeles. There is already an existing ban within Arcata, CA (Northern Cali). I pray the ban follows through and that there is no future appeal in Jesus name, AMEN!!! See, this is one of my major concerns about this country called America. How is it that this f-ed up government won't ban or restrict man-made GMOs just like many other countries have done? There are a lot of reasons but it still leaves me astounded.

"The motion would not affect the sale of food containing genetically modified ingredients." << now that still sucks but this ban is a good start nonetheless.

All in all, it's good to see folks standing up for what makes sense. I am waiting for the city of Houston to do something.

Articles:
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-council-gmo-discussion-20141020-story.html
http://www.dailynews.com/government-and-politics/20141021/los-angeles-city-council-seeks-to-ban-gmos/3

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving your feedback! Please feel free to leave a link to your blog as you post comments. Nice to know someone is reading this :)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.