Below are the fresh produce + other stuff I purchased:
I bought from these vendors today:
Hatterman Farm (eggs)
Animal Farm (bell peppers, mixed greens mix, crimini mushrooms)
Plant It Forward Farms (HOTTTT peppers, basil, mesclun mix, roselle calyces)
Texas Longhorn & Cattle Co (best ground beef ever)
Wood Duck Farm (tomatoes)
I was surprised the tomatoes (not grown in greenhouse or by hydroponic means or aquaponic means) were still in season. They are called "bella rosa" tomatoes---a hybrid---they thrive in humid areas.
Remember that not all vendors that come out are trustworthy. So ask questions, do your research, and pray.
disclaimer
Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor or a practicing nutritionist or in the agriculture industry, therefore any health-related or agriculture-related information posted on this blog should be verified on your own. I do not know it all and sometimes I might be wrong.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Slow down all these to stay healthy I bet these farmers mixed a little industiral chemical u know what in there
ReplyDeleteSo what should you think I should do? Bearing in mind all the information I have read about America's food industry and the documentaries I have watched....
DeleteTry to find out which island or latin or poor countries that couldn't afford to buy or use these chemicals due to insufficient funds now there is ur primitive or organic healthy food. Can u afford to acquire these knowing that organic expire or spoil fast ? I'm opened minded sweety lay it on me
DeleteDude, what makes you think that it is impossible in the United States? That there is no farm with fertile soil possible of growing toxic-chemical-free produce? I volunteer at one (i have a pending post about it) and I'm planning to visit many more on a free Saturday. My goal is to visit all the farms I have been supporting. I have visited one so far, which is the same one I volunteer at.
DeleteAnd of course organic food will rot faster but why should ANY human being eat food that has a triple shelf life and its made with known/proven toxins and it's nutritionally deficient? How did people survive before the days of technology? They preserved food in other ways that can still be used today and with technology at home. Best way I have found to keep fresh greens is keep them wet with paper towels. It will stay green for up to 2 weeks. So many other examples.
One of the best solutions to solve the "trust" issues of supposedly organic farmers and say goodbye to America's agriculture system for mass production model is for people to start a garden and increase the number of community gardens. If we can achieve this, there will be excess crops, which can be given away as donations or sold for profits.
So please I ain't slowing down for nothing. This is all a learning process for me. I'm not an expert but I refuse to stay complacent and complain when I can learn and do something to impact the change I want. My end goal is to own a farm.
Ok its hot in here
ReplyDeleteThat's your only comeback?
ReplyDelete