disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor or a practicing nutritionist or in the agriculture industry, therefore any health-related or agriculture-related information posted on this blog should be verified on your own. I do not know it all and sometimes I might be wrong.

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Widgets

Okra stew with Brown rice

It was spicy but very delicious!!! The brown rice is by Lundberg Family Farms (CA).  Please excuse the sloppiness on the edges.




Here is the recipe I used and what I did differently:
  • I did not measure every ingredient used
  • Followed some tips from the most helpful reviews - used 5 cups of water instead of 12 cups; used more tomato paste; used other dried herbs
  • Used a lot of fresh ingredients such as:
    • Homemade tomato paste
    • Local tomatoes
    • Local okra
    • Self-dried local basil
    • Self-dried local parsley
    • Local grass-fed beef chuck roast (instead of shrimp)
    • Local hot pepper
    • White onions (instead of green onions - did not have any)
    • Local Bell peppers
  • No celery was used
Adding this dish to my list of favorites. Bon appetit!

3 comments:

Thanks for leaving your feedback! Please feel free to leave a link to your blog as you post comments. Nice to know someone is reading this :)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.