disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor or a practicing nutritionist or in the agriculture industry, therefore any health-related or agriculture-related information posted on this blog should be verified on your own. I do not know it all and sometimes I might be wrong.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Widgets

Making Pizza from scratch

Pizza is one of my favorites! On my meal plan for this coming week, pizza is on it (as lunch). I was meant to make it on Sunday but ran out of time. 

I have been making it from scratch for the past couple of months. I don't feel it's the best but some times it's not extremely bad either. 2 out of 4 friends liked it. 2 of them did not comment at all. It was obvious because they didn't finish the batch I made.

It took some Google searching and several trial and error attempts to find a great pancake recipe and with some more effort, I am sure I will find a great pizza crust recipe. I got the sauce down. The right mix of toppings hasn't been spot on but that's easily adjustable. So my main problem lies with the crust.

99% of the time I use no yeast and spelt flour. I tried one with yeast but it wasn't great either. I read here that the flour used plays a big role in the end result, which makes sense. Spelt flour could be the culprit. I recently bought einkorn flour so hopefully it will produce better results.

When I master the right techniques, I will try making a cheesy crust and the deep-dish style. But for today, I might go for a thin, crunchy crust or maybe a pan pizza.

I could end up trying any one of these recipes or using the tips or steps between recipes:
Recipe 1
Recipe 2
Recipe 3
Recipe 4
Recipe 5
Recipe 6
Recipe 7

I don't really want to use those yeast packs because I have no idea how it was produced. I'm sure it is heavily processed and contains some synthetic ingredients. I rather make my own yeast. I did try to make my own yeast starter but that didn't go too well.

Seems like making a tasty, healthy pizza can be a challenge depending on what you are looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your feedback! Please feel free to leave a link to your blog as you post comments. Nice to know someone is reading this :)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.