disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor or a practicing nutritionist or in the agriculture industry, therefore any health-related or agriculture-related information posted on this blog should be verified on your own. I do not know it all and sometimes I might be wrong.

Monday, October 6, 2014

Widgets

I am beginning to hate shopping

Why? I actually like shopping but I don't shop often. I was never a shopaholic and I am not into fashion much. But in the last year or so, I am tired of finding clothes that look cute but are made out of crappy material or just don't fit the way I like. Either too fitted or won't last after a few wears. Ugh! Am I the only one that feels this way???

I am all for "quality" than anything. Why buy 10 clothes for $5 when they will tarnish quickly when I can get 3 good-quality clothes for a higher price but will last for years? And so what about wearing the same clothes over and over. Besides the stains and some occasional fading (due to bad detergent, like Surf or Gain), the clothes that last the longest in my closet are typically 95% to 100% cotton. Oh and my dry-cleaned work pants, which none are made out of cotton. I DETEST any cloth made out of acrylic or nylon. Never looks good after the first wear or wash. Because of this, I ALWAYS check the label every time I shop.

I also have a similar dilemma with shoe shopping besides having big feet (my size is 9.5 or 10). I am soooo tired of buying shoes that are NOT durable (looks good only on the first day of usage)!!!!!! The shoe ends up looking like I have worn it so many times for several months. Man-made materials suck!!!! I have concluded that it makes sense to invest in all leather shoes, especially your everyday shoes. I have been buying only 100% leather or at least shoes with a leather upper. So far so good! And they are more comfortable!

Back to clothes....I like Forever 21's style over Agaci or Charlotte Russe but every one of their clothing item say "hand wash only" and the majority are 100% polyester. Some polyester fabrics are ok and some are not. Now if they could use more silk, cotton, leather, or wool in their fabrics, I would be their #1 customer!!!! The only stores I find stuff I like (most times) these days are Gap, Tommy Hilfiger, J Crew, and Nordstrom Rack. At times, Ralph Lauren Polo and Zara if I stop by. Clothes from these stores typically last a far much longer time.

On my last visit to England, these are some stores I like for their style: Top Shop, Monsoon, Dorothy Perkins, and Mango. Again, the material used are typically 100% polyester from what I recall. But their style is better than Forever 21 in my opinion. I feel like doing a shopping spree in Europe to just revamp my dry-ass wardrobe.

I think the only other idea for me (besides using a tailor to custom make all my clothing - one of many dreams) is to shop at high-end retailers and stick to stores that continue to use good-quality materials to manufacture their clothes. Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom....here I come! I feel my bank account shrinking.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your feedback! Please feel free to leave a link to your blog as you post comments. Nice to know someone is reading this :)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.