Results:
The crust was still not great :( - I refuse to believe that heavily refined bread flour is the best option. I must find a way to make whole grain flour produce a nice crust. It was also bland. Needs more seasoning or flavor. I do think this flour by Jovial is very processed (should have figured that out right away because the package says "all purpose flour"). I want to mill my own einkorn flour and see the difference.
The dough after resting for 2 hours. It doubled in size.
Added the dough to the lightly-oiled cast iron pan
I added the homemade marinara sauce second to last rather than topping the crust with it first. I think it made a slight difference in taste.
The mix of toppings was great this time. Thanks to the pineapples! Whoever discovered the idea to add pineapple to pizza is a genius!!! The other toppings are: grass-fed ground beef,
onions, marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, and one other cheese.
-
I noticed that some liquid was dripping to the crust edges. It might be the water from onions or the fresh pineapple chunks so I will try sauteing the onions and drying the pineapples longer.
I have some leftover dough so I will try again but will season the dough with more sugar and some seasonings. Pre-bake the crust with the marinara sauce before applying any toppings.











No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving your feedback! Please feel free to leave a link to your blog as you post comments. Nice to know someone is reading this :)
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.